Effects of Technology to Our Health
During the launching of a new phone model from a renowned brand, people get ecstatic and excited. Same goes when gaming laptops or rigs are released. These technological advancements are produced and are continually being discovered to help improve the lives of the people, whether it is for automation, entertainment, and basically making our lives easier and fun. And because of these, our everyday lives are now dependent on it. Sometimes it causes restlessness if separated from these gadgets. However, little do we know that these strong dependencies are coupled with negative effects to health, especially in Dallas and Frisco. Dallas therapist Shannon Thornton is a great source of advice on the matter.
These can affect us physically or mentally, however, people usually neglects it or are not totally aware. To raise awareness, here is a list of the harmful effects of it in our health.
Harmful effects of technology to our health
- Technological Attention Deficit Disorder – also known as Tech ADD, this is the primary concern of mothers and educators nowadays. A health expert says that getting immersed in technological gadgets helps in short circuiting our brains. This is due to our dependency on spell checks and other automation that lose our ability to solve problems and analyze them deeply. In addition, researchers blame this for the decreasing attention span of most people.
- Sleep disorders – In relations to excessive gadgets use, researchers say that it can affect us whenever we sleep. This is whenever we use our laptops or phones right before we sleep, we tend to be discomforted when sleeping since the glowing light from our phone and laptop screens provides adverse effect to adhere our sleep.
- Digital eyestrain and headache – while almost 62% of the jobs in America requires the use of the internet to complete their work, digital eyestrain is commonly felt. It gives us blurry vision and dry eyes while people stare at a computer or gadget the whole day. Digital eyestrain can also result in headaches for some cases.
- Risk in obesity due to health and fitness issues – once people get a hold of their smartphone or laptop, physical inactivity comes in. Especially nowadays where people spend hours on digital devices that interferes with physical exercise or activity. It was found by researchers that college student who usually uses their smartphones had lower cardiorespiratory fitness.
- Neck and back pain – hours of inactivity due to tech gadgets is also the basic reason of neck and back pain. This is whenever we tilt our necks to read text in laptops or smartphones, we put tension and strain to the neck muscles. In addition, sitting for long hours without proper posture can hurt our backs.
Seek for the best Dallas family clinic
These effects may seem normal to us, but it should also be addressed immediately through a Family Therapist in Dallas. People in Fresco could also come and visit. These professional and knowledgeable therapists can help us in alleviating the physical pain that we may feel due to the effects of technology. Also, they can give us tips and techniques to recur from pain and stress for us and our family.
Drug for FDA approval: What to know that could/can help you
As we as a society continue to advance in creating new technologies and medicine, new drugs are always being created to help treat a person/ or group who suffer from a certain condition. Pharmaceuticals drugs are always making new discoveries because of new diseases or conditions that are being discovered due to many cases that are being reported by the people or media. This year already, 12 drugs have been approved by the FDA, but many more are expected to be approved since it’s not even halfway through the year and there are still dozens of drugs left to be approved. One of the upcoming drugs seeking approval is TherapeuticsMD’s Yuvvexy, a drug which purpose is to reduce pain for women during sexual intercourse. Yuvvexy is waiting to be approved on May 7th, 2017 by the FDA. Yuvvexy is a drug that has been developed by TherapeuticsMD for treating women who suffer Vulvar and Vaginal Atrophy (VVA), which creates vaginal pain from sexual intercourse. As women start approaching their mid 40’s many women report that they suffer pain when having sexual intercourse due to the vagina drying, bleeding, or dyspareunia. Over 32 million women in the United States suffer from these symptoms but only 7% of them are prescribed medicine to treat this condition (roughly 2.3 million).
Not only is this considered a huge problem to couples, but this symptom isn’t going away and is actually growing. A major role that plays into this is because of a major spike in sexual activity in the past 10 years and that when women on average live longer than their past ancestors, they spend more time living with reproductive hormones, but aren’t reproducing. TherapeuticsMD specializes in making medicine specifically for women only ever since the company was founded. The company released a statement explaining the Yuvvexy (TX-004HR) just finished phase three or The Rejoice Trial of testing Yuvvexy while comparing it to competitors. The trial consisted of 764 women in areas around the U.S. who took a certain dosage of Yuvvexy depending on what they were given. All women took the dosage once a day for 2 weeks, the twice a week for 10 weeks creating a 12 week experiment. At the end of the Rejoice trial, there wasn’t any health concerns reported from the women and also significant results were shown that improved their conditions. The report also showed that Yuvvexy has proven much better results than the competing drug according to the reports by the test subjects. As investors are looking to invest into TherapeuticsMD, there isn’t a whole lot of doubt in trust in the company. The company’s CEO Robert G. Finizio has over 10 years of experience in health being previous CEO’s in other companies (Vitamed from April 2008 to October 2011 and CareFusion LLC ) “The acceptance of the NDA for Yuvvexy is an important milestone for TherapeuticsMD as we pursue our goal to provide women with novel healthcare solutions that address their needs throughout life,” said TherapeuticsMD CEO Robert G. Finizio.